Friday, May 30, 2008

Fiesta Night!


Our neighbors have been feeding us so much for movie nights or other get-togethers lately that tonight we decided to take a turn at hosting and we had such a great time! We called it fiesta night and the food had a Mexican theme.

We had 4 families from the neighborhood over (Cortney, we missed you...next time we will pick a weekend you are in town! :)) In total, there were 10 adults and 10 children age 6 and under. I made shredded chicken in the crock pot, Aaron grilled beef brisket (with a kick!) and we laid out all the fixin's (homemade guacamole and pico de gallo, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes). Our friends brought homemade salsa, watermelon (Grace's favorite item of the evening), veggies, tres leche, and pecan pie. I ate soooooo much I think I'm good for the next month or so!!

We ate out on the newly poured patio and then the adults got to chat, while the kiddos played on the swing sets and with the sand table. My ONLY regret is that I forgot to bring the camera out and take some pictures. Oh well, maybe next time!

I am pretty sure I have already spent more time outside this spring than I have in the last 5 years combined. It helps to have kiddos who are now all old enough to find fun things to do outside (and to not be pregnant and miserably hot!!) We also joined the pool this year. We went a couple of days ago and Grace and Noah both LOVED it!

I used to be a big fan of Fall, but Spring sure is winning a spot in my heart this year. Summer (which brings NC humidity) is just around the corner though, so we'll enjoy it while we can!

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Dinner was awesome you guys. Thanks again. I promise we will take a turn sooner or later.

Cortney said...

Glad y'all had fun!