Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Now, that's what I call toxic gas!

Background: Noah, sweet Noah...such a lovable, snuggly little man with a smile that lights up the room (and mommy's heart). But sweet Noah is not at all interested in potty training.

The other day we were at my parent's house watching football, when all of the sudden their natural gas alarm went off...loudly. After a minute or so, it stopped leaving us wondering what in the world caused it. Noah had been playing in that corner (it's up on a shelf) and at first we thought maybe he had done something to the cord, but we realized it has battery back-up and that shouldn't cause it.

In further checking out the situation, we noticed that not only had Noah been playing in the corner, he had been creating QUITE the masterpiece in his diaper. We all began to wonder...could his stinky diaper have actually caused the gas alarm to go off? I perused the owner's manual and sure enough, there was an instruction NOT to install above a diaper pail because the methane gas could cause the alarm to go off. With Noah out of the area (and diaper changed) no more alarm.

All I can say is that sweet Noah better be nice to mommy when he starts dating or she'll have a REALLY good story to tell! :)


Ann said...

This is just too funny. I had heard such things, but thought it was urban legends. Well, now we know!