Saturday, October 14, 2006


Ever have one of those days that when it's over you wonder how you ever got it all done? Today was one of those days and while I am totally exhausted, for some reason I can't seem to go to sleep, so I thought I'd write it all down to decompress. There were a few things I needed to pick up at the mall and Tyler had a soccer game at noon (he had to be there at 11:30) so we got to the mall right when it opened at 10 am. We dashed around and picked up what we needed and sprinted back to the car to make it to the game.

The game was exciting! Although we lost 3-0, Ty's team played really, really well. They were playing the best team in the league and really gave it a good effort, so it was a "good loss." When the game was over, Aaron decided he wanted to go to Secca Santa (description: Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art: Shop your favorite boutiques and see the new stores that make up this shopping extravaganza. From gourmet foods to jewelry and toys to garden gifts, you will find something for everyone on your shopping list—and maybe a little something for yourself) to see the booth of a friend of ours. They make really cool wooden signs with cute sayings on them and he was duly impressed. Our time there was limited because Grace had a photo shoot at 3pm...

Yep, I said photo shoot, but before you categorize me as a stage mom, let me explain...ha! A friend of ours owns Maya Wrap (a baby wrap and sling company) and another friend of ours is helping with some marketing and as part of that is overseeing the re-design of the website. So Grace and about 20 other babies were recruited to be "slung" for an hour or so. As can be expected when coordinating baby photography, things were running a little behind. Being the laid back little sunbeam that she is, Grace took it all in stride and happily played on the swings and slides until it was her turn. The only small hitch was that Tyler had a birthday party to be at at 5 pm. So he and I left Aaron and Grace at the park and off we went.

When we arrived at the party at 5:10 (thinking we were late), we found out that it actually started at 5:30 (oh well, my first time being early all day!) Luckily, his friend Jay's mom was fine with getting started a tad early. After a quick conversation with her, I hopped back into the car and hurried off to pick up Aaron and Grace. When I arrived at the park, Grace was done with her photo shoot and was still as happy as could be. Aaron and I, on the other hand, were hungry and exhausted. Neither of us had the energy to cook so we went out to eat. When we got home at a little after 7, Grace went right to sleep and Aaron followed suit an hour or so later.

And here I am, it is almost 10:30 and I'M still awake. But fortunately, reliving the day has made me extremely tired, so I'm off to bed. Nighty night!